Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Fund Raising for My Volunteer Project to Cambodia (Former)

*Please note the revised version regarding My Volunteer Project to Cambodia here:
http://phunkj.blogspot.com/2014/06/fund-raising-for-my-volunteer-project_12.html

Hi everyone!

As I have just completed my bachelor's degree studies in May, I now wish to volunteer myself in promoting the cause of clean water and sanitation in less-developed and developing countries.

Recently, I have applied to volunteer specifically for Clean Water Project under the Cambodia Community Project, provided by Globalteer which is a non-profit charity registered in the UK. Here is the link to its website: http://globalteer.org/volunteer-projects.aspx?project=cambodia-community-project#section_15

Today, I've received an email from Globalteer notifying me that my volunteer application has been successful. Now, I am required to give a total required donation of USD 1,010 in order to secure my place on my preferred project - which is the Clean Water Project. That is equivalent to RM 3,239.

Here is the breakdown of where my volunteer donation will go to:

  1. Project costs - specific needs that are vital to the development and continual success of the project
    (http://globalteer.org/wheremoneygoes.aspx)
  2. My neccessities such as my accomodation, clean drinking water, daily breakfast, transportation.
    (http://www.globalteer.org/volunteer-projects.aspx?project=cambodia-community-project#requireddonations)
My main mission in this volunteer project is to learn how to build water filters and install them and to learn effective ways of empowering the local Cambodian community in sustaining clean, drinkable water. 
My volunteer activities will include:
  • 3 days of building bio-sand filters under the supervision of experienced staff at the project HQ.
  • 1 day of travelling to local villages to install the filters and teaching villagers on their use.
  • Team planning meetings and on general maintenance of projects
  • Extra activities such as helping with the project's market garden
I will work five days a week with core hours from 8am to 2pm per day. Here's more details to what I'll do: (http://globalteer.org/volunteer-projects.aspx?project=cambodia-community-project#section_15)

If I am able to raise enough funds within one week from now (10 June - 17 June 2014), I will be able to secure my place in my specifically preferred project that I will be supposedly commmencing on 3 July 2014 - 17 July 2014. This short period of time to raise funds is due to the high demands for places on Globalteer's holistic projects.

Hence, if you are interested in assisting me to raise funds for my volunteer trip to Cambodia, I would be very grateful for your kind generosity. If not, I'm still thankful that you had spent your time reading this post of mine. 

Any sum of donation is warmly welcomed and deeply appreciated from the depths of my heart!

You can donate via bank transfer/cheque or hand your donation to me personally. Just drop me an email at jamietan_91@hotmail.com or a message on Facebook and I will send you my bank details.

If this volunteer project becomes a reality, I will return with my personal report on the project along with photos to show you guys the great impact we can contribute to society!


Clean water and sanitation should be accessible to all mankind, rich and poor alike. God bless!



No comments:

Post a Comment