Monday, July 14, 2014

Week 2 Day 1 - My Volunteer Trip in Cambodia


It's Monday week two and the humidity in Siem Reap just keeps increasing!

It has been raining here almost everyday, not only once daily but two to four times in a day. With the high humidity and heat, everyone I've met, travellers from around the globe have been talking about how much they've sweat!

However, cycling along the tranquil landscapes of the Siem Reap river en route to Trailblazer is an unforgettable, precious moment I will never forget about Cambodia. 

Today, the tasks I did very pretty much the same with what I did last week.

Again, got me hands greasy with dirt stuck in my nails while handling with the filter moulds. Next time, I shall use gloves just like how the staff does it because It takes too much time just washing my hands to get rid of the dirt! 

Also had cement splattered on my arm while the cement mixer was turned on and poured the cement into the moulds. Phew, thankfully it was easy to be washed off!

After sand sieving and sand washing, it was already lunch time! Just in time coz I was hungry!

At 2p.m., I returned and helped Mr.Gardener (don't know his name) at Traiblazer's garden plantation. Due to the pouring rain this past month, vegetation did not survive well. Instead, weeds grew everywhere. So, i did my best in pulling out weeds as long as 50cm long. I "did my best" in weeding as much as I could because gardening activities just isn't my thing.

Anyway, i made it through even with my torn pants. Haha! It somehow tore into a big hole the day before.

After six hours of physical work, i'm heading off to bed now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment