Tuesday, April 28, 2009

When you are down...

How long O Lord, will You forget me?
How long O Lord, will You hide Your face from me?
How long must I wrestle with my thoughts
and everyday have such sorrow in my heart?
Look on me and answer, O Lord my God
Give light to my eyes or I will sleep in death.
My enemies will say "I have overcome him",
my foes will rejoice when I fall.
But I trust in Your unfailing love,
My heart rejoices in Your salvation.
I will sing to the Lord,
for He has been good to me.
Psalmist: David
Sometimes, prayers just seem so void and sounds like only a one-way talk. Even this famous psalmist have cried out for God to answer him but at the end of this psalm, he praised God and put his trust in God no matter what.
A God-encounter experienced in honest prayers reorients us to the truth that our God has never forgotten us, not for a single moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment